Ah, patty melts…the burger that’s a sandwich.
You can easily make a patty melt with many items you may already have in your house. I love patty melts and they are one of my go-to items when I’m craving something filling and cheesy.
- Ground Meat
- Onion, Chopped
- Bread of Choice
- Swiss Cheese
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce
- Assemble your patties; add salt, pepper and w sauce to the meat; and mix.
- Cut your onion to your preferences
- Add your onions to a pan with butter; cook till brown
- Make the patties and fry; add butter (or cooking spray) to coat the pan
- Take your bread and coat it with the dressing; add the cheese
- Once your patties are cooked use another pan with butter and assemble your sandwich; patty, cheese, and onions. Add the bottom slice to the pan as well.
- Brown the bread and toast both sides of the bread; top off the second piece of bread and remove from heat.
Hi there! I’m Jacqueline Diaz, the voice behind Mayhem & Motherhood and the mother of five wonderful children. I enjoy sharing my passion and knowledge about a wide variety of topics such as home management, crafts, to parenting and beyond. I am passionate to help you achieve even a little bit of sanity in the chaos we call life.